Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Please check out my blog novel "Monogamy Sucks"

One of the more interesting sex books of the summer season could be on a blog, and it will unfold one chapter at a time all summer long.

On May 1, 2010, I finally launched the first chapter of my unpublished fiction novel, “Monogamy Sucks,” an exploration of a Long Beach, California man’s mid-thirties lust crisis and his ensuing bizarre, but intriguing journey into the world of swinging and alternative sex, on my two blogs.

It only took more than 12 years. I first came up with the idea of my novel during a beach walk at Belmont Shore in Long Beach, Calif. My mission was simple and clear -- to put down in words my increasingly bizarre and interesting sex life (with a venture into the swing world) and explore my growing dissatisfaction with monogamy and relationships.

Think of this work as an edgy male version of “Sex in the City” written from the point of view of an inept, inexperienced swinger. Except my novel’s protagonist Jake Dalmas is not interested in finding love, but instead is obsessed with finding great sex with no strings, no commitments, no relationship bullshit, and most of all — no monogamy.

This novel is especially timely considering the recent spate of public sex scandals, including golfer Tiger Woods, TV personality Jesse James, and too many other celebrities and politicians to mention here.

As I wrote previously, I have been working on my novel off and on since the late 1990s and have tried to stay true to my experiences and the experiences of those I met along the way, but remember this is a work of fiction. It’s not non-fiction, a memoir or autobiographical. Any passing resemblance to real life people and encounters have been changed to protect the innocent and the not so innocent. A great deal of this book exists in the realm of my imagination with real life incidents only serving as a jumping off point so to speak. Other chapters are pure fiction with no connection to real life experiences. Either way I hope you’ll be intrigued, amused, shocked, entertained and maybe even inspired by what you find here.

Each month I will introduce a new chapter or two on my two book blogs with the goal of eventually bringing out my entire book in print and digital form.

Here are the links to my blogs

http://monogamysux.blogspot.com/
http://monogamysucks.wordpress.com/

Look for Chapter three in mid June.

Please enjoy this work in the spirit it has been offered — with an open mind, an adventurous soul and a good sense of humor.

Members of the media and others who are interested in contacting me about my ongoing book project, feel free to reach me at gmpwrite@gmail.com

No comments: